Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Favorite Songs

I've been asked about my favorite songs/movies/food/etc. alot lately. I never really thought about what my favorite songs are, so today my goal is to make a list to have on hand in case this question comes up again. Plus I'm sure it'll be fun to compare in like a year...or next week. I'm going through my itunes, so order is of no importance.

So here we go!

Anathallo
Before the Throne of God
Fugue: 24

Anthony Green
Babygirl
Dear Child (I've Been Trying to Reach You)

As Cities Burn--Arguably my favorite band. 
Of Want and Misery: The Nothing That Kills* 
Tides
Wrong Body
Errand Rum
Into the Sea
Lady Blue
Capo (which is ironic because hardly any ACB fans care for this song)

The Avett Brothers
January Wedding
Kick Drum Heart
Paranoia in B Major
Will You Return
Go to Sleep

Band of Horses
No One's Gonna Love You

Beyonce
Countdown*--probably the best Beyonce song. Ever.

Blink 182
Stay Together for the Kids

Bon Iver
*side note- the entire self titled album is basically my favorite album ever. It really helped me through a tough time many moons ago. So it's difficult to say what my favorites are off there.
Holocene*
Michicant
Calgary
Skinny Love

The Chariot
David De La Hoz

City and Colour
What Makes a Man?
The Girl
We Found Each Other in the Dark

Colour Revolt
Mattresses Underwater

Copeland
California
She Changes Your Mind
When Finally Set Free
Choose the One Who Loves You More

Dave Matthews Band
Crash Into Me

Eisley
Come Clean
Ambulance

Father John Misty
O I Lon to Feel Your Arms Around Me

Fleet Foxes
WhiteWinter Hymnal

Fleetwood Mac
Never Going Back Again*

Jimmy Eat World
Cautioners
For Me This is Heaven
Sweetness*

Listener
Wooden Heart
Falling in Love With Glaciers

Manchester Orchestra
Everything to Nothing
The River*
Pensacola
Apprehension
Leaky Breaks

mewithoutYou
Be Still Child
Silencer
The Cure For Pain*
The Soviet

Minus the Bear
We Are Not a Football Team*
Pachuca Sunrise

Noah Gundersen
Caroline
Jesus, Jesus

Norma Jean
Memphis Will Be Laid to Waste

The Planning Fallacy
A Vanishing Art

Right Away, Great Captain!
I'm Not Ready to Forgive You
Oh No, I Tried
I Was a Cage*

Rilo Kiley
With Arms Outstretched*

Sucre
Hiding Out
Chemical Reaction

Sufjan Stevens
Vito's Ordination Song

Taking Back Sunday
Bike Scene
You're So Last Summer*
Bonus Mosh Pit Pt. II
I Am Fred Astaire
One-Eighty By Summer
...Slowdance On The Inside

Underoath
Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape
A Message for Adrienne

Weezer
The World Has Turned and Left Me Here

A little bit of lagniappe:
Motion City Soundtrack- The Future Freaks Me Out
Otis Redding- These Arms of Mine
Norma Jean- Murderotica
Fleetwood Mac- Rhiannon 
Lisa Loeb- Stay (I Missed You)
Wye Oak- Dance My Pain Away
August Burns Red- Your Little Suburia is in Ruins
Ray Lamontagne- 3 More Days
Bright Eyes- Coat Check Dream Song
Bright Eyes- Make a Plan to Love Me
Bright Eyes- I Must Belong Somewhere
      *basically the whole Cassadaga album
Dance Gavin Dance- Uneasy Hears Weigh the Most
Dance Gavin Dance- It's Safe to Say You Dig the Backseat
Thao & the Get Down Stay Down- We the Common (For Valerie Bolden)
Thao & the Get Down Stay Down- Holy Roller
Jimmy Eat World- 23

I realize that no one will read this, therefore no one will laugh at how random it is. Also, I asterisked my favorite FAVORITE songs & now I will attempt to put them in an order. It's like cliff notes for anyone who didn't want to read the list:

1. With Arms Outstretched- Rilo Kiley
2. You're So Last Summer- Taking Back Sunday
3. Sweetness- Jimmy Eat World
4. Holocene- Bon Iver
5. The Cure For Pain is in the Pain- mewithoutYou
6. Of Want and Misery: The Nothing That Kills
7. I Was a Cage- Right Away, Great Captain!
8. Never Going Back Again- Fleetwood Mac
9. The River- Manchester Orchestra
10. We Are Not a Football Team- Minus the Bear
11. Countdown- Beyonce

No comments:

Post a Comment