Sunday, September 1, 2013

A letter to my hair

Dear Hair,

Girl we have been through some stuff together, amiright?

It's getting to be the time of the year where I actually blow-dry and straighten you instead of throwing you into a soaking wet bun with some gel cursing the humidity. This is the part of the year where I start noticing how long you've grown in the past 2 months. God bless you, Hair, for growing so quickly. 

Listen, I know that we had our differences before I left for Disney circa January 2012. I know that I was going through a weird phase & I went to the hair stylist crying, "CUT IT OFF, GIVE ME SHORT LITTLE LAYERS, IT'S JUST HAIR" I'm never going to do that again, Dear. These countless months of growing layers out and bobby pinning all sorts of strange pieces into different places have just been tiring. My mid-twenties is when I'm supposed to look and feel the best--my glory days.

So before I say what I'm about to say, I want you to know that you are great! You are long, you are shiny, and you hold a mean wave. Please know that I appreciate you, I cherish you, you are MY hair.

It's just that fall is around the corner. Pumpkins are starting to come out. Halloween will be here soon! You know what time it is...

I want bangs.

I know, I know, I cut them, I regret them, I try to grow them out. It's not you, it's me. I feel like they add to my street cred. You know we've never been more confident than when we're rocking those bangs with our dress, colored tights, & desert boots. We can do this! We can keep up with them this time, I swear!

I will never drastically cut you again. I promise.


How did we go from this...


...to this?

I promise you, Hair, these things:
  1. There will be no length cut off, just dead ends.
  2. There will be no face framing layers (or any layers, to be frank).
  3. I will insist that she use more hair for my bangs.
We can do this!

My love and thanks,
Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment